MLX is entirely run by volunteers, and we offer a discount for dancers who would like to volunteer their time to help the exchange run smoothly. Join the team to contribute to our beautiful Lindy Hop community and receive our eternal gratitude and a sweet discount.
What we offer:
- A discount: In exchange for two 1.5 to 2 hours shifts across the MLX weekend, we would like to offer you a discount: $200 for a full pass.
- Clear working times: We want our volunteers to be able to enjoy as much of MLX as possible. Your shifts will have set durations and you will not be required to work beyond those set times.
- Work that suits your skills: If you think there is an aspect of volunteering that you will excel at, let us know! Shifts can cover such areas as set up, pack down, lifting heavy things, front desk, decorations, kitchen duty, and much more. We want you to do things you’re comfortable with. We appreciate all our volunteers but we especially appreciate the help of people who can lift heavy things.
- Clear training and support: You will be provided with clear instructions and/or shown exactly what to do and will always have someone on the MLX committee on hand for support if you’re unsure of an instruction. The safe spaces team will ensure you are provided with safe space contact numbers and strategies for safety.
- Our gratitude: Words can’t express how much we value our volunteers so we have a dedicated thank you dance on the Sunday night of MLX each year.
How to Volunteer:
All you need to do is select the volunteer option when registering on TryBooking and our Volunteer Coordinator will be in contact with you closer to the event. If you know there’s a time when volunteering won’t work for you or certain work that you would rather do, let us know in the registration form. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences.
If you need any other information, send an email to [email protected]. Our friendly committee members will find a way to answer any questions you have.