As an entirely volunteer-run event, MLX appreciates the amazing team of people who volunteer their time to help the exchange run smoothly. Becoming part of this team is a way to contribute to our beautiful Lindy Hop community.
We need your help!
- A discount: In exchange for two shifts across the MLX weekend, we would like to offer you a discounted pass of $110
- Clear working times: We want our volunteers to be able to enjoy as much of MLX as possible. You will have set shifts of set durations and will not be required to work beyond those set times.
- Work that suits your skills: If you think there is an aspect of volunteering that you will excel at, let us know! Shifts can cover such areas as set up, pack down, lifting heavy things, front desk, decorations, kitchen duty, and much more. We want you doing things you’re comfortable with. We appreciate all our volunteers but we especially appreciate the help of people who can lift heavy things.
- Work with friends: If you encourage a friend to volunteer, you can request to work together for your shifts. We can’t guarantee that you’ll have both shifts together but we’ll do our best.
- Clear training and support: You will be told and/or shown exactly what to do and will always have someone on the MLX Committee on hand for support if you’re unsure of an instruction. The safe spaces team will ensure you are provided with safe space contact numbers and strategies for safety.
- Our gratitude: Words can’t express how much we value our volunteers so we have a dedicated thank you dance on the Sunday night of MLX each year.
All you need to do is select the volunteer option when registering and our Volunteer Co-ordinator will be in contact closer to the event. If you know there’s a time when volunteering won’t work for you or certain work that you would rather do, let us know in the registration form. We will do our best to accommodate preferences.