Reporting Safety Concerns
If you are injured, feel uncomfortable or unsafe, or are experiencing or witnessing inappropriate behaviour, please let us know immediately. We will take urgent action. We will handle your complaint with absolute seriousness and in the strictest confidence.
If you want to report an issue during MLX:
- You can approach:
- the event manager (pictured online and at the front desk)
- our volunteers at the front desk
- our roaming volunteers
- You can also:
- attend the Safe Space Room at any event and call or text the MLX Safe Spaces phone number (# to be confirmed closer to the event). A Safe Spaces Officer will respond and attend the Safe Space room at your request.
- call or text the MLX Safe Spaces phone number at any time over the weekend. You will be connected with the Safe Spaces Officer on duty.
The Safe Spaces Officer on duty will handle your issue as a matter of priority.
If you do not feel comfortable speaking to someone while at the event itself, please contact the MLX Safe Spaces Team at [email protected].
You can also email Vivi Kalman, a member of the MLX Safety Staff, privately: [email protected].
If someone lets you know that they are uncomfortable about another attendee’s behaviour, please encourage them to come and talk to us, or seek their permission to come and talk to us yourself. Even if they think it is a trivial issue, we want to know about it so we can be prepared to take action and prevent situations from escalating.
MLX will stand by you and support you.
If there is an issue and MLX is not on right now
- If there is an ongoing issue or a safety concern that arises during the year or outside of MLX, the best time to contact us is as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. The MLX Safety team is active all year round, and generally has the most capacity to fully action your complaints when they are received in advance of the event. While reports received during the event are actioned immediately, due to the small nature of our event we are often not able to action reports in as much detail when they are received during the event.
- If you have a concern that arises during the year, we encourage you to contact us. Your report will be treated with absolute confidentiality and no actions will be taken by MLX Safety Staff without full agreement from you.
- Email the MLX Safety Staff: [email protected] (this account is constantly monitored).
- You can also write to this email to discuss bigger picture ideas about the management of Safety at MLX. Please note that these may not be addressed immediately.
- Email Vivi Kalman, a member of the MLX Safety Staff privately: [email protected]
Contact us anonymously
We have an anonymous feedback form for reports where you do not wish to identify yourself. It is located here: http://tinyurl.com/q83yjn9
Please note, if you report using this method, we will not be able to get in touch to inform you of any action taken in response to your report.